I Stumbled Upon the Motherload...

So every morning/afternoon, ok anytime, we walk past the "cabana" in the front of the RV park we are staying at I hear: "Good morning kids!" As I turn and look I see an elderly lady with short wavy white hair, wearing some cute sweatshirt ( yes cute, you know, the kind with puppies and what not) holding a little yellow mug with a smiley face on it. This is Elsie. Elsie sits out here all day talking with everyone who comes in and out of the park. There is an ever rotating cast of character sitting around enjoying the sun and each other's company, under said cabana.

One morning, we found ourselves sitting her, again, talking with Elsie, her husband, and another older gentleman (who's name I STILL can't remember) when they began they're regular questioning of how it is us "city kids" wound up in there park and how it is we can get away with not having jobs and aimlessly roaming the countryside. So again I began to explain to them that we sell beads online, and how paypal works, and that the internet is not the devil... at some point during this Stan (Elsie's husband) looks at the other guy and says: "Doesn't Jim have a whole trailer stuffed full of trade beads he bought like 20yrs ago?"

Make a long story short Stan wound up throwing us in his truck, driving us to "No Name St." to Jim's trailer. Sure enough there was a trailer overflowing into his yard with beads, jewelry, baskets, bones, antlers, dream-catchers, pogs and assorted another knick knacks to boot. My jaw almost dropped. I was like a kid in a candy shop squirreling through mountains of shiny objects. There is spools of copper chain, buckets of trade beads, strands and strands of beautiful sparkling glass, it was insane.

The moral of the story is, don't be afraid to talk to people, you never know what you'll find. :-)

Stay Tuned to our Etsy shop to get a load of some of these finds...

www.TwoIndustriousFerret.Etsy.com

1 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh my God, when I read your post I was so jealous! I would love to hear those words one of these days about some vintage jewelry or other lovelies! That's like our version of winning the lotto, don't you think???

Post a Comment